2 easiest ways to change your Binance phone number
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
The phone number is used for logging in to Binance or two-factor authentication of the user’s account. However, for some reason, users need to change the phone number registered with Binance. The following article shows two simple ways to change the phone number.
Why change your Binance account phone number?
There are many different reasons users are forced to change their phone numbers. Some of the most common causes include:
- The user wants to switch to a new phone number
- Users lose access to the old phone number registered with Binance (due to sim lock, lost phone …)
How significant is the phone number that connects the Binance account?
The phone number helps users login into their account in addition to the email or QR code login method.
In addition, account security is an essential requirement for crypto accounts. One of the 2FA security methods for Binance accounts is to use SMS verification codes. SMS authentication isn’t the most secure method, but there’s an extra layer of security that makes your Binance account even more secure.
How to change Binance account phone number?
Similar to changing Binance email, there are two ways to change the phone that receives Binance SMS, depending on whether the user has no longer ownership of the phone number.
If you still have a phone number and are still receiving SMS, you need to log in to your account and change your phone number in account security. Details are as follows:
Log in to your Binance account. If you don’t have a Binance account or want to open a new account, register using the link below:
On the home page, go to account management and select [Security]
On the security page, select [Change] under [Phone Number Verification], then click [Confirm].
- Enter the new phone number, click [Get Code] and enter the code sent to SMS with the unique phone number in the box [New Phone Number Verification Code].
- Continue to enter the code sent to the old phone number, email, and Google Authenticator application in the corresponding blank boxes.
- Then click [Submit] to confirm.
If you no longer own the old phone number to receive the code, click [Security verification unavailable?]
Check the old phone number address box and click [Confirm reset].
- Enter the security code in the Google Authenticator app and fill in the [Authenticator Code] box
- Click [Get code] to get the code sent to your email and fill in the blank box [E-mail verification code]
- Select [Submit]
- Next, enter the new phone number and click [Get code] and enter the security code sent to the unique phone number. Next, click [Reset Now].
- Users may have to answer security questions or perform facial verification to confirm identity. Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the required verification process.
- The user needs face verification if the account has completed Intermediate verification (Level 2). Click to scan the QR code or click [Use PC to do verification] to perform the process.
- After completing, click [I have completed this on my phone] and wait for Binance to approve the request.
How to change your phone number when you can’t log in to your Binance account
In some cases, users cannot log in to their Binance account but want to change the old phone number. On the login window, enter your phone number and login password. In the next window, click [Security verification unavailable?].
In the next window, check the box with the old phone number address and click [Confirm reset] and follow the exact instructions as above.
How to change the phone number Binance on the phone?
Similar to when done on a computer, to change the phone number address on the phone, do the following: Login to the Binance app, then access the personal account management and select [Security]
- Click [SMS Authenticator], select [Change SMS Authenticator] and click [Continue]
- Like the computer, enter the new phone number, press [Send Code], and enter the security code sent to the unique phone number.
- Take the code in the other 2-layer security methods in turn and fill in the corresponding blank box. Then click [Submit]
- If the user cannot access the old phone number, select [Security verification unavailable] and follow the same steps on the computer.
Some important notes when change the phone number on Binance
- After making a phone number change on the Binance account, withdrawals, transactions, and payments are locked for 24 hours to ensure the safety of users.
- The user cannot change the new phone number with the old phone number for 30 days after making the change.
- The new phone number must be a unique unused number to sign up for another Binance account.
- If the process of changing the phone number is complicated, contact Binance support for instructions.
Although changing phone numbers can be annoying for users. However, if unusual activity is detected, users should change the phone number to ensure the account’s safety. In addition, if the old phone number is no longer in use or cannot be logged in, users also need to update the new phone number to avoid having assets in their Binance account stolen.
Read more: Binance