eToro account security enhancement
– Top Online Cryptocurrency Courses from $9.99 Get now!
eToro attaches great importance to the security of customer accounts. Therefore, they apply many security methods to the platform.
However, on the trader’s side, you should strengthen the security of your eToro account on your own. That’s safe for your transactions and investment. To further secure your eToro account, follow the security steps below.
eToro account password
The first security step for an eToro account is a password.
- Use strong passwords: Don’t write passwords down on paper, email them, or tell someone. eToro never sends you an email asking for your password or other sensitive information.
- Never use your eToro account password on another website: If you enter your password on an external website, it is compromised. Someone could try to log into your eToro account with that information.
- Keep different passwords on any services you use and change your passwords periodically.
Use 2-factor authentication (2FA)
2-Step Verification adds an extra layer of security to your account. So the process requires you to log in with a password. And the security code is sent to your phone.
Enable 2FA by following these steps:
- Go to the “Settings” tab on the left side of the interface, and click “Accounts.”
- Enable “Two-Factor Authentication.”
- Enter the verification SMS code sent to your phone, and done.
- If you do not receive an SMS code, you can change the option of the code via call.
Enhanced email security associated with eToro account
You should make sure that the email associated with your eToro account is properly two-factor authenticated through the app (e.g., google authenticator) or through a physical key.
The phone number associated with eToro
Buy a new sim whose number no one knows but you literally. Add it to your dual sim phone and link that sim to eToro.
You can use this phone number exclusively to secure other accounts. Such as banks or other brokers.
Computer – Checks for viruses and malware.
You should not access your eToro account from an unknown computer and avoid public hotspots.
Besides, scan your computer with reliable anti-virus software. If the scan detects any suspicious programs or applications, remove them immediately.
Browsers and operating systems – Perform regular browser and operating system updates.
Make sure you’ve set your computer to update automatically. If you receive a notification that you need an update, deal with it immediately, as it may include necessary security fixes.
Found a security problem? Let eToro know!
If you have found a weakness/vulnerability in any eToro property, eToro encourages you to let them know and help you keep eToro safe. eToro runs a Vulnerability Disclosure Program on HackerOne to receive and log issues. Would you please report your results here?
The article has listed ways to self-enhance the security of your eToro account. 2FA is the most critical step to account security. Don’t forget to go to your eToro account and activate 2FA right away.
Read more: etoro