Discover the general interface of the eToro platform
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
To open up markets to everyone, the eToro platform is designed with an easy-to-use, intuitive interface. To help clients better use and take full advantage of the functions on its platform during trading, we will give you the instructions on the general interface in this article.
After logging into your account, you will see an eToro interface screen like below:
1. The top bar
On the top, you have the Search tool for a more thorough and specific search.
Click on the pen icon in the upper right corner to post your update and check notifications under the ‘e’ icon.
2. The menu bar
The menu bar is located on the left side of the screen, including the following main functions:
– Watchlist: The Watchlist is your personal space to monitor certain assets suitable for your demand. It allows you to keep a close eye on all the markets you’re following instead of thousands of instruments on the eToro platform, track portfolio performance and identify trading opportunities. You can also create different watchlists by different criteria, rearrange/add or remove them as you need.
– Portfolio: All your trading activity is presented in your portfolio. Where:
- The default view shows you information about all the markets, traders, and CopyPortfolios you are currently investing in:
- Click on the clock icon (the History tab). You can see a history of your closed trades, previously copied traders, and CopyPortfolios.
- And see any orders that have not yet been executed into positions by clicking on the two opposing arrows.
– News Feed: Like the News Feed of Facebook, you can join the discussion within market streams (like comment on the status) or share your thoughts with your peers by clicking on the pen icon in the upper right corner. Besides, the News Feed tab is also a useful source of information. You can update news of stocks, currencies,…or any traders you are following.
Note: You need to verify your account to use this function.
– Trade Markets: Here, you can find hundreds of different financial assets to trade on eToro, across several categories: stocks, indices, commodities, currencies, crypto assets, and ETFs
Click on the filter icon to search for assets you want to invest in.
– Copy People: This is eToro’s most iconic feature, which enables you to see what real people are trading in real-time, find and follow the traders you like, and even automatically copy their trading activity with just a few clicks.
Popular Investors that are introduced by eToro are classified into different categories: Editors’ Choice, Most Copied, Trending, Long-term Stock Investors, Long-Short Investors, and Multi-Strategy Investors.
Discover new traders HERE.
68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
– Invest in CopyFunds: This is eToro’s premium product offering designed to help traders diversify their portfolios, minimize long-term risk, and take advantage of current market opportunities by investing funds managed by experts & analysts.
There are three types of CopyPortfolio for you to choose from:
- Top Trader CopyPortfolios
- Market CopyPortfolios
- Partner CopyPortfolios
– eToro Club: This tab provides you a whole look at different membership levels and their corresponding privileges. In fact, eToro offers a wide range of services and tools to customers according to their membership tier to enhance their experience and their understanding of the capital markets and our various investment offerings.
– Invite Friends: This function allows you to invite your friends to join eToro. For each new user who joins through your link and makes a trade of at least $100, you and your friend will receive a $50 reward from eToro.
– Help: The Help tab is an electric manual that gives you instructions on using the eToro social trading platform. Besides, if you have a question or need assistance with the eToro platform, you will find ways to contact Customer Service on this page.
– Guide: This outstanding function will provide you a chance to experience a trading tour on your virtual account following eToro’s guide, which gives you a better insight into the eToro platform and detailed trading steps.
– Settings: The Settings tab is a place where you can make a change for your account, like changing your account details, set your language, adding 2-factor authentication, modifying your core trading experience, and more.
– Other utilities provided by eToro: Withdraw Funds – Logout – Deposit Fund.
3. The bottom bar
At the bottom of the screen also has some information such as:
- Available: the amount available in your free balance. You may use these funds to open new trades.
- Total Allocated: It shows how much is allocated to the investment instrument, can either be the total copy amount if it’s an investment in a specific trader, or the total amount in 10 open Gold trades, for example.
- Profit: the current sum of your gains and losses from all open trades.
- Equity: the state of your account if you were to close all of your open positions and thereby realize your current gains or losses. Therefore it is the sum of your Available balance + Total Allocated + Profit. You may click on your Equity to view the amount expressed in different currencies.
I’ll give you a rapid overview of the main sections of eToro. Once you’ve familiarized yourself with the eToro platform, you can start practicing with your demo account and then place your own trades to make money.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.