How to Become a Popular Investor eToro: Step by Step Guide
– Top Online Cryptocurrency Courses from $9.99 Get now!
You see benefits from eToro’s Popular Investor program. And you want to register to become a Popular Investor. This article guides you step by step for successful registration.
The process of joining the Popular Investor program is to level up in tiers. The Popular Investor program has four levels: Cadet, Champion, Elite, and Elite Pro. Each level has its requirements and benefits.
Step 1: Prepare account information before registering Popular Investor eToro.
Before applying for the program, please complete your eToro profile requirements:
- Create and Verify your account
- Deposit at least 1000usd to account.
- Add an accurate profile picture of yourself.
- Share your real name to your profile via Settings.
- Write about your trading strategy in your profile’s ‘Bio’ area, describing how you trade to existing and potential copiers.
Step 2: Prepare transaction records before registration (Conditions to become Cadet level – Blue star)
Once you have completed the account information, please prepare the transaction records of your eToro account that meet the criteria below. It is the condition to become Cadet Level. Cadet Level is the first level. And eToro hasn’t paid for this level yet.
- Transaction History: You have at least two months of trading history on your Stats page
- Equity: The account has minimum average equity of $1,000
- The number of people copying: You have had an average of at least one verified copier for the last month.
- AUM: You have had an average AUM of at least $500 for the previous month
- Risk: You must not have had a risk score higher than 6 in the six calendar months before joining the program
- Leverage: You must not have open positions beyond the leverages outlined in the Responsible Trading requirements.
- Profit: You must not have had a monthly loss of more than 30% in the previous six months (unless the market experienced such a drop)
- Trading position: You are not holding a position larger than 20%
- Other requirements: You are not copying other users or Smart Portfolios. And you are regularly generating market insights on your News Feed.
Step 3: Register for Popular Investor eToro
With complete preparation in steps 1 and 2, you register for the Popular Investor program with eToro.
- Access the Help category on the left side of the interface
- Click on Popular Investment Program, and the interface will go to the registration page.
- Next, click Apply Now to register. Read the Terms and Conditions carefully and confirm.
- After completing the registration, eToro sends a confirmation mail and creates a support ticket in your account for this. eToro will announce the results after review.
You must agree to the Responsible Trading requirements on applying to the program.
Please note that eToro reserves the right to decline any applicant it sees as unfit.
Remember that your eToro account still has to meet the Cadet Level requirements and beyond at the following levels.
Conditions to become Champion level – Red Star
You will move to the Champion level if you meet the criteria below.
- Transaction History: You have been at Cadet level for at least two months
- Equity: Your account has average equity of at least $5,000
- The number of people copying: You have had an average of at least ten verified copiers for the last month
- AUM: You have had an average AUM of at least $50,000 for the previous month
- Certificate: You have completed the Marketing and Code of Conduct Course (to be released soon)
Champion Popular Investors receive a fixed payment of $400 per month ($800 if their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Conditions to become Elite level – Green star
If you meet the criteria below, you will move to Elite level:
- Transaction history: You have been at Champion level for at least four months
- Equity: Your account has equity of at least $25,000
- AUM: You have had an average AUM of at least $500,000 for the last month
- Certificate: You have completed the Investment Management Qualification
Elite Popular Investors receive a payment equal to 1.5% of their annual average AUM (2% of their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Conditions to become Elite Pro level – Black Star
If you meet the criteria below, you will move to Elite Pro level:
- Transaction History: You have been at Elite level for at least two months
- Equity: Your account has an average equity of at least $50,000
- AUM: You have had an average AUM of at least $10,000,000 for the last month
- Certificate: You have completed the Advanced Investment Management Qualification
Elite Pro Popular Investors receive a payment equal to 2% of their annual average AUM (2.5% of their AUM grew by at least 1% in the previous month).
Qualities of a Popular Investor
Finally, to succeed as a popular eToro investor, you need to have some essential qualities. These are as follows:
- Be an excellent communicator with your copier and other investors in general.
- Have a good knowledge of the market you are trading in and share this knowledge.
- Have an investment strategy of its own to seek profit.
- Manage your risk well. It is essential for traders, and it means not to trade recklessly at high risk.
With these essential qualities and core values, you can go a long way towards making the already rewarding popular eToro investor program even more beneficial for you and your future. in the industry.
eToro Popular Investor FAQ
To become a Popular Investor, do I have to have an eToro trading account?
Yes. By having your trading account, you can show your trading strategy. Gaining copiers shows that other traders trust you to make trading decisions for them based on your performance.
What should I do if I was rejected when I applied for Popular Investor?
Please review that your account has met the conditions in steps 1 and 2. You then discuss it directly with the eToro staff member handling your issue. It is to clarify the reason for the rejection.
You fix the cause/error and re-register.
What is the review time for rank up/down?
Any change in levels occurs after the monthly Popular Investor payments, which occur until the 10th of each month.
If I get downgraded, can I get it back up again?
Of course. As a Popular Investor, you can always move back up to a tier you were in, as long as you meet the requirements. Note that you will need to spend the minimum time on a level.
What does responsible trading mean?
If other eToro users are copying you, you are passively managing other people’s funds, and eToro strongly encourages you to practice responsible trading at all times.
All eToro users can see your daily, weekly, and monthly risk score. Your risk score serves as an indicator of how much their portfolio is at risk by copying you.
If you consistently reach a risk score of 8 or higher, you may be blocked from being copied.
For Popular Investors, the maximum risk score we allow is 6.
A trader who wishes to become a Popular Investor must not have had a risk score higher than 6 in the two calendar months before joining the program. In addition, potential Popular Investors will not be accepted to the program if they have open positions exceeding the leverages below:
- x30 for major currency pairs (such as EUR/USD)
- x20 for non-major currency pairs (such as EUR/NZD), Gold, and major indices
- x10 for commodities other than Gold and non-major equity indices
- x5 for CFD stocks and ETFs
- x1 for cryptocurrencies.
You have understood the detailed steps to become a popular investor on eToro. In the next post, we show you how to level up.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.
Read more: etoro