How to Change the MT4 Password
– Top Online Cryptocurrency Courses from $9.99 Get now!
There are two ways for you to change the MT4 password, which are:
- Change the MT4 password directly on the trading platform.
- Change the MT4 password in your broker’s client portal.
Below are the steps in detail and with illustrations for each way:
How to change the Metatrader 4 password on PC?
From the MetaTrader 4 trading platform (terminal), a user can change trading account passwords as follows:
- Log in to the MT4 platform, please go to Tools -> Options. Under the Server tab, click Change.
- Then, enter your current master password and select “Change master password”.
- Type the new master password you wish to use and confirm the changes with the “OK” button.
How to change the Metatrader 4 password on mobile?
When you want to change your MT4 password on your mobile, please:
- Go to the Settings section -> tap your trading account in the top of the screen.
- Press the horizontal 3 dots menu -> select Change Password -> choose “Change master password”.
- Type your current and new password and tap “Change” at the upper right corner to confirm.
There are always two password types for the MT4 trading account, namely Normal password, and Investor Password.
- The Normal password is used by traders to log into your account and trade.
- The Investor password is used by another person (third party) who you wish to share the account without giving permission to execute positions or change settings.
So you can simply let someone else enter your account and see your trades without worrying about them manipulating your own account.
To change the Investor password, you do the same steps above.
Change the MT4 password in your broker’s client portal
You can also request the change of password in your broker’s client portal by going to the client portal on your broker’s official website.
- Log in your trading account and access the member’s area. Then press Account -> Change password.
- Enter your current and new password and confirm.
Note: If you have forgotten the passwords for MT4 account so you can’t login to MT4 or Client Portal. You can always reset the password by clicking on “Forgot your password?” at the member login.
To sum up, the security of your trading account is of the utmost importance. Hence, having control over their trading accounts is very important for traders in the financial markets. As a trader, you must take responsibility for your login credentials. And make sure that your private data is stored safely.
Read more: MT4