How to change your Binance email address and important things to keep in mind
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
For some reason, users need to change the Email address on their Binance ID account. Users can do it quickly on both computers and phones. How to do it is introduced in detail in the article below.
How to change your Binance account email address on your computer?
Log in to your Binance account. If you do not have an account, follow the link below:
* See more: The complete guide Binance from a to z
After logging in, click on account management and select [Security].
- Enter the new email, and click [Get code] and enter the security code sent to the new email.
- Next, in turn, get the security code and send it to your old email, phone number and code on the Google Authenticator app.
- Then click [Submit]
If the user cannot access the old email account, click [Security verification unavailable].
Check the old email address box and click [Confirm reset].
- Enter the security code in the Google Authenticator app and fill in the [Authenticator Code] box
- Click [Get code] to get the code sent to SMS and fill in the blank box [Phone verification code]
- Select [Submit]
- Next, enter a new email, click [Get code], enter the security code sent to the new email, and click [Reset Now].
- Users may have to answer security questions or perform facial verification to confirm identity. Follow the step-by-step instructions to complete the required verification process.
- The user needs face verification if the account has completed Intermediate verification (Level 2). Click to scan the QR code or click [Use PC to do verification] to perform the process.
- After completing, click [I have completed this on my phone] and wait for Binance to approve the request.
How to change email when unable to login to your Binance ID account?
In some cases, users cannot log in to their Binance account but want to change the old email. On the login window, enter the login email and password. In the next window, click [Security verification unavailable?].
In the next window, check the box with the old email address and click [Confirm reset] and follow the exact instructions as above.
How to change Binance email on the phone?
Similar to when done on a computer, to change the email address on the phone, do the following:
Log in to the Binance app, then go to your account manager and select [Security]
- Click [Email Authenticator], select [Change Email Authenticator] and click [Continue]
- Like the computer, enter a new email, click [Send Code] and enter the security code sent to the new email.
- Take the code in the other 2-layer security methods in turn and fill in the corresponding blank box. Then click [Submit]
- If the user cannot access the old email, select [Security verification unavailable] and follow the same steps on the computer.
Some important notes
- After making changes to the Binance account email address, withdrawals, transactions and payments are locked for 24 hours to ensure the safety of users.
- User cannot change new email account with old email for 30 days after making email change.
- The new email address used for the Binance account is the new unused account to register another Binance account.
- If the process of making changes to your email is difficult, contact Binance support and select [for instructions.
When using Binance, if unusual activity is detected with the account, users should change their email addresses to ensure the safety of their assets. In addition, if the old email is no longer in use or cannot be logged in, the user should also change the new email so as not to miss important notifications for the current Binance account.
Read more: Binance