How to close a position partially on Capital.com?
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
The partial close feature allows you to close a specific amount of an open position, or withdraw a portion of the capital you have invested in an asset in the past.
To close a trade on Capital.com, you need:
- Enable partial closing of trades on Capital.com
- Perform partial closing of trades for each specific order
1. Enable partial closing feature on Capital.com
After logging in to the Capital.com platform, click on the account on the top right toolbar -> select “Trading options”.
In the “Trading mode” section, click on “Normal mode”.
2. Close a part of trade on Capital.com
In order to partially close a trade, you will need to open a new trade but in the opposite direction of that one you want to close. To help you understand, follow the example below:
Example: You have a Buy trade of Apple share. You want to close part of the trade, you will have to open a Sell order according to a certain volume.
This operation will be similar to opening a new trading order, the steps are as follows:
- Enter the product name in the “Search” box in the “Trade” tab. In this example, it is “Apple”.
- Click “Sell”
- A window will appear on the right side of the screen. Here you will enter the volume of assets you want to close
Instructions to close a transaction on Capital.com
- Then press “Sell” to finish
Once finished, you will receive a notification that the position has been closed, along with the volume and price at the time of closing.
Right after that, click on “Portfolio”, you will see the trading volume changed after you closed part of the trade. And your partial closing actions will also show up under “Reports” -> “Activities”.
- The position’s Stop Loss and Take Profit parameters are automatically adjusted to match the new trade size.
- If you execute a partial close during the market close, your close will be executed when that market is open.
Read more: capital.com