How to download Metatrader 4 (MT4) for PC
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
Metatrader 4 (MT4) is an essential trading software for investors in the Forex market. Most Brokers use MetaTrader 4 to help investors trade in the most convenient and fastest way. In this article, you will learn how to download and install MT4 software for beginners.
1. What is MetaTrader 4?
Metatrader 4, also known as MT4, is a software (platform) that connects users and brokers (exchanges). It allows investors to trade financial investments such as forex, cryptocurrencies, stocks, and indices.
The Metatrader 4 platform was developed and launched by MetaQuotes Software in 2005. It is the most popular platform on forex trading platforms today. This platform is loved because it integrates many technical indicator tools, helping investors accurately identify and analyze market fluctuations.
In addition, MT4 also supports all devices PC, Macbook, mobile phone… which bring convenience to investors.
Key Features of MetaTrader 4:
- Allows EAs, inbuilt and custom indicators.
- Allows programs to run on the platform of MT4 (also known as EAs, forex robots), used to monitor or automatically execute trades, search for signals with algorithms that traders have programmed.
- Indicators on MT4 are available and customizable such as order placement, cancellation, take profit and stop loss.
- A “Depth of Market” feature allows checking the market’s liquidity.
- The Market Prices function provides real-time market quotes.
- Allows one-touch trading
- Fully integrated with popular technical indicators such as trendline, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Fibonacci…
- Process a large number of orders at the same time.
- Allow traders to set up custom indicators and different periods.
- Meta Trader 4 ensures safe and complete storage of all data.
- There is an internal email system to receive and exchange information.
- Hide your trading IP so you won’t worry about information theft.
2. Different ways to download MT4 for PC
You can completely download MetaTrader 4 (MT4) by many methods. Each broker usually has their version of MetaTrader that they serve mainly for their Servers. With pre-installed Server Parameters, you don’t have to struggle to search for the names of the Brokers anymore.
There are two ways to download MetaTrader 4:
- Go to the official MetaTrader 4 homepage to download.
- Download MT4 from the broker with which you registered a trading account. Each broker provides customers with a different version of MT4 available on the server, so traders can download MT4 directly from the broker for convenience in logging in and trading.
In this tutorial, we will guide you on downloading MT4 directly from the MetaTrader 4 homepage.
3. How to download MT4 for Windows
- Click HERE for MT4 installation on Windows
- Install MT4 by double-clicking on the downloaded installation file -> selecting “Run”.
- Click “Next” if you agree to the User License Agreement to continue.
- When the installation is complete, click “Finish” and the system will automatically open MT4.
So you have completed the process of downloading MT4 to your computer.
4. How to install MT4 for Mac
- Click HERE for MT4 installation on Macs.
- Double click on the downloaded installation file. Then, click on the word “MetaTrader4” hold the mouse, and drag on “Applications”, as shown below.
- Wait for the software installation to complete, click open the software, and click “Open” to use MT4 on your Mac.
5. How to download MT4 on pc for Linux
- Open the Software Center.
- Search for Wine and install it.
- Download MT4 for Linux.
- Run the MT4 installation file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install MT4.
- Launch MT4, and it will automatically open with Wine.
- If there is any trouble launching MT4 with your version of Linux, you should install PlayOnLinux from the Software Center. This software will help your Linux operating system to launch the platform.
- Also, depending on your version of Linux, the Software Center may have a different name – for example, in Fedora, the Software Center is called “Software”. There are also alternative Windows emulators for Wine that you may have installed; PlayOnLinux, CrossOver, and PlayOnMac are three alternatives you can use in this tutorial.
- It is recommended that you use the latest Wine version for timely updates and keep the trading platform running smoothly.
Read more: MT4