How to download MetaTrader 4 (MT4) on PCs & mobile phones
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
Of all the trading platforms available to traders, MetaTrader 4 is by far the most popular one. In fact, most of the Brokers in the world offer this platform on their sites so that investors can trade conveniently and quickly. To start trading on an MT4 platform, you need to first download and install it onto your computer. In this article, we will show you the easiest way to download MetaTrader 4 (MT4) on PCs and mobile phones.
1. How to download MT4 for PCs
Of all the trading platforms available to traders, MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is by far the most popular, especially among that trading forex or CFDs (contracts for difference. In fact, over 95% of forex brokers offer this platform on their sites.
For each operating system Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, the way of installing MT4 has a slight difference. However, in general, there are two ways you can download MT4 to your personal computer:
- Go to the official MetaTrader 4 homepage to download.
- Download MT4 from the Broker with which you registered a trading account. Each broker provides customers with a separate version of MT4 available on the server, so traders can download MT4 directly from the broker for convenience in logging in and trading.
However, usually, it is more convenient to download MT4 from the broker with which you open an account and less hassle during the subsequent login process.
Therefore, I will show you how to download MT4 from the broker you registered an account in the guide below. I take XM.com as an example because it is one of many traders’ oldest, most reputable, and most used by many.
- Step 1: From the broker’s homepage, you select the Trading Platform Menu and select the Operating System you are using, then click on the download button to download the appropriate MetaTrader 4 installation for that Operating System. If you are using a Windows computer, choose MT4 for PC. If you are using a Macbook, choose MT4 for Mac.
- Step 2: After downloading, you will see there is an xm4setup.exe file, double click on it and select Run.
- Step 3: Click Next to continue the installation. After the installation is complete, click Finish to finish the installation.
To use the MT4 platform, you need to log in with your broker’s account information that you have opened. Note that you choose the exact Server that the broker provides you. Or you can open an MT4 Demo account right away to experience the platform first.
2. How to download MT4 for mobile phones
MetaTrader 4 is fully compatible with iOS and Android devices. You can easily install them with just a few quick and straightforward steps as follows:
Download MetaTrader 4 for iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Open the Appstore on your iPhone or iPad. In the search bar, type MetaTrader 4 (or MT4).
- Click download MetaTrader 4.
- Once done, click Open or click on the MT4 app on the main screen to launch the application.
Download MetaTrader 4 for Android:
- Open CH Play on your Android device. In the search bar, type MetaTrader 4 (or MT4).
- Download apps by tapping Install in CH Play.
- When the installation is completed, the MetaTrader 4 application will be on your home screen.
After installing MT4, you can log in to your account and start trading. Installing MT4 from the MetaTrader homepage is especially useful when you have multiple trading accounts at different brokers.
Read more: MT4