How to enable 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) to enhance the security of your Capital.com account
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
Currently, the situation of hacked accounts is more and more causing many traders to lose money. This is a worrying flaw. To help Capital.com traders limit their risks and enhance the security of their accounts, we will show you how to enable 2-factor security (2FA) with Google Authenticator.
1. Why should you use 2-factor authentication (2FA)?
By default, almost all online accounts today use a password login method. However, this form of security (with only one layer of security) is not enough and is very vulnerable to attacks. Even many people use the same password for many different accounts. Therefore, it has the potential to leak information, even lose money if your account is hacked.
To prevent this, 2-factor authentication was created, which enhances the security of your online account by adding an extra layer of authentication.
2. How to enable two-factor authentication on Capital.com with Google Authenticator
To set up 2-step verification for your Capital.com trading account, you can use the Google Authenticator app to receive the code.
Google Authenticator is an application from Google to generate a code consisting of a sequence of 6 numbers to log in to an account. This is a secure and highly rated application in the world.
To enable two-factor authentication on Capital.com with Google Authenticator, follow these instructions:
1. Go to the App Store or CH Play to download the Google Authenticator app to your mobile phone.
2. Open the Capital.com app on your phone and click on Account -> Settings –> Two-Factor Authentication.
Click on Get the 2FA app -> I have the app -> tap Copy the code.
Note: You need to save this code to recover your Google Authenticator account if your phone is lost.
4. Log in to the Google Authenticator app, create an account by tapping Get started -> type Account’s name & paste the previously copied code. Then click on Add to complete.
Immediately after, a 6-digit code will appear on the screen -> click on that number to copy (a new code will be generated every 30 seconds).
5. Return to the Capital.com app, paste the 6-digit code into the box, and press Enable 2FA.
Once completed, the screen will show a message that 2-factor verification has been successfully turned on.
Read more: capital.com