How to enable SMS Authentication on Binance?
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
When making a P2P transaction on Binance, you will be asked to add a payment method and enable SMS security. Similar to enabling Google Authenticator, how to enable SMS authentication on Binance is quite simple. Let’s find out in the article below.
What is sms authentication?
SMS authentication is a form of receiving authentication codes via SMS. To log in to the system or make a transaction, Binance will send you a security code. You need to enter that code to complete your operation.
The form of security via SMS has the advantage of being easy to use and does not need to install additional applications. You need to activate it with your phone number.
However, this form of security can also fail to receive the code.
How to enable SMS Authentication on Binance on your PC ?
Step 1: Access the “Security” feature on the Binance dashboard
Step 2: Click “Enable” at “SMS Authentication”
Step 3: Fill in the required information on the screen
- Select the country area code.
- Enter the phone number you are using. Note, remove the zero at the beginning of your phone number. For example, your phone number is 0912345678, you just need to enter 9123456789 in this box.
- Click “Send Code” and wait for the SMS code or call to provide the code. If it is a call, click receive call to hear the code.
- Enter the code received above in the blank box.
The “SMS Authentication” section shows “Disabled,” which means the function has been successfully enabled.
When you do not want to continue using the “SMS Authentication” feature, you can click “Disable” to cancel this feature.
How to enable SMS Authentication on Binance on your mobile phone?
Step 1: Access the Binance Menu on your phone
Step 2: Scroll down and click “Security”
Step 3: On the phone screen, click “SMS Authentication”
Step 4: Press the button on the screen to activate the SMS Authentication function.
Step 5: Fill in the required information.
The information you fill in is similar to step 3 in “How to enable SMS Authentication” on Binance using a computer”, you can refer to the instructions above.
You check the “Security” section, the “SMS Authentication” section on the phone shows a green check, indicating that you have successfully enabled this feature.
How to debug not receiving SMS authentication message?
While using SMS Authentication, you may get an error that the code cannot be received via SMS. The fix is as follows:
- You wait 30 minutes and try again.
- Or try voice verification.
In addition, you also need to check other factors such as:
- Check phone line signal, move to an area with good signal;
- Turn off message blocking on your phone;
- Or restart the phone.
After successfully enabling SMS verification, you can add a payment method to your Binance account and make coin purchases/trades on Binance.
Read more: Binance