How to fix “Invalid Trade Volume” error on XM MT4?
– Top Online Cryptocurrency Courses from $9.99 Get now!
In using any trading platform, including MT4, users may encounter some unexpected trading errors. At that time, you need to find out the cause first and then fix it. One of the typical errors you may encounter when trading on XM MT4 is “Invalid trade volume”. So, why does the MT4 screen show this error, and what do you need to fix it? Let’s find out in the article below.
What is the “Invalid Trade Volume” error?
When trading on the MT4 platform, some people encounter the message “Invalid trade volume”.
This error indicates that you are trading with a volume lower or higher than the specified volume of the broker; therefore, you cannot execute the transaction.
Why do I get the error “Invalid trade volume”?
Here are some causes of this problem:
- Every broker has specific volume regulations for each trade opened with certain instruments, and so does XM. Depending on the account type and when the order is placed, the allowed trading volume will vary. If you place an order with a volume exceeding these limits, you will get an “invalid volume” error.
- Your advisor (EA) may be opening a trade with a volume exceeding the limit set for your instrument or account type. In this case, you will also get the error “Invalid Transaction Volume”.
- You may have set up a pending order for a trade whose volume did not match the limits at the time of execution. For example, trading 100 lots of a particular instrument reaches the expected price at night, and at that time, the broker only allows the volume of a transaction to be 20 lots. As a result, your transaction failed, and you will receive that message.
How to fix MT4 Invalid Trade Volume?
To avoid this problem, please:
- Check the trading volume limit for each asset before placing an order by right-clicking on the instrument you want to place an order in the Market Watch window on MT4 -> select “Specification” -> “Contract size”.
- Place trading orders within limits set by the broker: To make sure you place an order with the right trading volume, you can refer to the trading volume policy on the XM website where you open your account.
- Set the trading volume on the advisor system (EA) according to the respective settings.
If this problem persists, please contact the Support Team of XM.com you open an account with for further assistance.
Read more: MT4