How to increase leverage on Capital.com
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
A professional account on Capital.com will provide you higher leverage (up to 500:1) and more benefits than a retail account. So to trader with high leverage, you need to upgrade into a professional account.
The following article will share the criteria and steps to upgrade to a professional account:
Criteria to upgrade to a Pro account
To upgrade to a Pro account, you’ll need to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Your investment portfolio exceeds €500,000
- Make at least 10 trades per quarter (consecutively within the past one year) on CFD, forex, or spread betting assets (with Capital.com or another provider)
- Have at least one year of working experience in the financial sector and knowledge of CFD trading and forex spread betting
How to upgrade to professional accounts
To register, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the professional account registration page HERE
2. Click the “Apply” button and complete the “Eligibility test” by ticking Yes/No.
3. Then, read the Terms and Conditions for Elective Professional clients. If you agree with these terms, click “I confirm” to complete.
After completing the registration form, the Capital.com team will check if your account is eligible to upgrade to a professional account.
After a successful upgrade, you will be able to trade with high leverage up to 500:1. However, remember that using high leverage is like a double-edged sword. It can help you increase your profits, but it can also make your losses worse.
In addition, some of the customer protections for Retail accounts will no longer apply when you upgrade to a Pro account such as:
- CIF Client Compensation Fund Scheme
- Negative Balance Protection Policy (Negative Balance Protection – In cases where your account goes negative, Capital.com will cover that loss and set your equity to zero.
Read more: capital.com