How to log into Metatrader 4 (MT4) online
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
Created by MetaQuotes, MT4 is well-known for being a stable platform with multiple tools that are capable of handling the fast-paced financial markets. When MT4 is run for the first time, it prompts the trader to login with account information. To login into the Metatrader 4 trading platform (PC, mobile app), please follow these steps below:
1. How to login to MT4 PC online?
After successful account opening and verification, you can login to your MT4 account by follow these steps:
- Click on the File tab at the top left -> select Login to Trade Account.
- Then, enter the Real account information (include your login credentials, password, and the server). All these login details are sent to you via email once your account has been created.
If you have forgotten your MT4 live account password, you can reset this via your broker.
2. How to log into the MT4 mobile app?
After installation, run the application by tapping the MT4 app on your mobile phone’s screen.
- To connect a new account, tap on New Account in the “Settings” tab -> select “Login to an existing account”.
- Then enter MT4 server name, and other login details (login credentials, password).
Enable the option “Save password” for later automatic logins.
3. How to switch between MT4 accounts?
Traders can open several trading accounts with different brokers and work with them in one platform. Used accounts are stored and shown in the Navigator window, they are grouped based on the name of the server they are open on.
To switch to another MT4 account on PC, please double-click on Account in the Navigator window and select the trading account you want to trade with.
For the MT4 mobile app, tap on the currently connected account in the ”Settings” tab. The current account is displayed at the top and all previously used accounts are shown below. Tap on its line in the list to switch to another account.
Note: After switching to another account, the trading platform can be configured to automatically disable trading by tapping on “Disable automated trading when switching accounts”. This protects against unintentional trades made by a trading robot on that account.
After you login to your live trading account on your MT4 platform, you can access all the features that are provided by MT4 and make your trading decisions based on your analysis on the chart and with technical tools. To make the best use of tools available on MT4, please follow the next articles on Investiki.com.
Read more: MT4