How to modify MT4 chart on mobile apps
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
To have a better trading decision, you can modify your MT4 chart to your preference. To know how to customize the MT4 mobile chart, please refer to the instructions below.
How to change MT4 chart settings
To customize your display settings for the MT4 chart to your preference, go to “Settings” > scroll down to “Charts”. Then, you will be able to change some chart configurations which are listed below:
- Chart types – You can choose among a Bar chart, Candlestick, and Line chart.
- Some information such as Volumes, Ask Price Line, Period separators, and Trade levels can be added into the MT4 mobile app by dragging its mode button to the right.
- Chart colors – You can change the scheme color and other elements such as foreground, grid, bar up, bar down, volumes, bid/ask price line, and so on by tapping on “Colors” and modifying them, then tapping on “Save” to apply the changes.
How to change Timeframes on MT4 mobile?
There are 9 Timeframes offered on MT4, including:
- M1: 1 minute
- M5: 5 minutes
- M15: 15 minutes
- M30: 30-minute timeframe
- H1: 1 hour
- H4: 4 hours
- D1: 1 day
- W1: 1 week
- MN: 1 month
To switch between timeframes, please go to the “Trade” tab, tap on the current timeframe, and select whichever timeframe is displayed as your preference (from 1-minute charts to monthly charts).
How to add technical indicators into MT4 chart?
Before you want to add indicators or other objects to the chart, make sure that you understand the interface of the chart tab in the MT4 mobile app.
At the main screen of the chart tab, you will see the price history over time. In the Chart Toolbar at the top, each function is shown from left to right as follows:
- Time frame – MT4 mobile app offers nine different timeframes from 1 minute (M1) to 1 day (D1). Click on the current timeframe on the chart and customize it to your liking.
- CrossHair – view an exact date, price, and indicator values at any point of a chart.
- Indicators – add or remove indicators displayed on the chart. MT4 offers more than 30 technical indicators on MT4 mobile devices.
- Objects– add objects manually to a chart for analytical purposes. This group of functions includes Lines, Channels, Gann Tools, Elliott Tools, and Shapes.
- Trade – open a new trade
You can easily add indicators and drawing objects to the chart for technical analysis.
To add indicators on the chart, tap the Indicator icon in the chart toolbar > choose “Main window”. A window will appear with a list of indicators available on the MT4 app. You can select one of Trend, Oscillators, Volumes, and Bill Williams indicators (scroll down to see them all). Then adjust your parameters and tap “Done” once you have finished.
You can add more indicators to the MT4 chart if you want.
How to add drawing tools to MT4 chart?
To add objects to the chart, tap on the Objects icon in the Chart Toolbar at the top of the screen.
On the Objects list, tap on the object that you want to add. You can add Lines, Channels, Gann angles, Fibonacci, Elliot waves, and Shapes (scroll down to see them all).
How to delete indicators & objects in MT4 mobile?
To delete indicators or objects from the MT4 mobile chart, tap the Indicator/Object icon, you will view current symbols/indicators, tap the ‘bin’ icon in the top-right corner > tick the box of the indicator/objects(s) you want to delete > tap the ‘bin’ again to confirm.
Alternatively, you can remove indicators or objects by tapping the one you want to delete and hold for a few seconds. A red “X” icon will appear, click on that icon to confirm.
Read more: MT4