How to View Trading History on MT4
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
MT4 allows you to view trading history, profit/loss, and information related to each trade order. This will be very convenient for investors and traders to manage their trading orders and find out the cause when there is a problem.
This article shows how to view trading history, profit, and loss on MT4.
You can access your trading history in 2 different ways:
- Member Area
- Trading platform
How to View Trading History in the Members Area
In the member area of the broker with which you signed up for an account, you can find the entire trading history you have made.
To access trading history, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Members Area on the broker’s official website using your login information (including ID and password). If you don’t remember your account ID, you can access the email sent to you right after you opened your account or contact your broker’s support.
- After successfully logging in, you will be taken to the member’s area page. Here, you can see your profit and loss status.
- To view detailed trading history, select an account from the drop-down list, select “Trading History” or “Open Positions“, and customize the period to view closed orders, open orders, respectively.
How to View Trading History on the MT4 trading platform
Also, you can view your closed positions in the History tab of the Toolbox window.
- Time – time of position opening
- Symbol – the name of the instrument
- Ticket – Trading ID
- Type – the type of order (Buy, Sell)
- Volume – trading volume
- Price – price of position opening
- S/L – level of the Stop Loss order placed
- T/P – level of the Take profit order placed
- Time – time of position closing
- Price – price of position closing
- Profit – the financial result of transaction
- Change – the percentage of price movement (closed price versus entry price)
And open orders are shown in the Trade tab. And the current total profit and loss are right below the open orders in this tab.
Suppose the display interface does not have a Toolbox window. You open the Toolbox window by clicking View on the top left Menu bar and then selecting Toolbox.
How to View Trading History on MT4 apps
Viewing trading history on MT4 is also relatively easy. By clicking on the History tab, you can view closed positions by day/week/month time frame or by optional period.
The position information includes the type of order (Buy/sell), order volume, opening price, closing price, opening time, and profit/loss.
For more details about these positions, click on the one you want to view. Then additional data will appear, including closing time, stop loss/take profit, and tax/trading fees.
In addition, you can also view open orders by logging into the MT4 app -> clicking Trade. All open orders will be displayed in this tab. Click on each order to view detailed information (such as entry time, stop loss, take profit, tax rates, trading ID).
In brief, the Trading History tab will be beneficial for investors and traders to manage their investment, understand the status of orders/positions, and find out the possible reasons for a problem.
Besides, you can also download these data for more detailed research. By keeping track of this information, you will find ways to optimize your trading strategy and learn from trading mistakes.
Read more: MT4