“MT4 No Connection” error – How do I fix it?
– The broker you should try to trade cryptos & US stocks. Learn more!
One of the reasons you can’t place an order is MT4 no connection. If this situation lasts for a long time, it can significantly affect the trading efficiency. The following article shows you what causes MT4 to lose connection and how to fix it.
The MT4 “No Connection” error can be due to several reasons. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Unstable internet connection
- Geographic distance from the Broker’s Server to your device
- The use of VPN
- Firewalls and Anti-Virus Software
1. MT4 No Connection due to Unstable Internet connection
Internet connection speed is one of the most common causes of your MT4 losing connection. The slower the Internet speed will affect the connection speed to the server (server).
To check if the Internet connection speed is stable, you can use Speedtest.net. Speed Test is a free Internet speed test application that supports mobile and PC versions. By using the Speed Test, you can determine how stable the internet connection is.
After accessing the SpeedTest.net website, or the Speed Test application on your mobile phone, click “GO” and wait for the results to return. The process takes about 1 minute and gives the result table as shown below:
- Ping: is the connection speed. The smaller the value, the faster the connection.
- Download: shows how fast you can download data to your device, measured in megabits per second (Mbps).
- Upload: reflects the speed of uploading data to the network from your device and Mbps.
After determining the cause is a slow Internet connection, to fix it, you need:
- Check and adjust the network cable.
- Connect to another online service (if you use more than one Internet service).
- Reinstall the router/modem by turning off these devices for at least 5 seconds, then rebooting; This can help refresh an existing or unstable connection.
- Upgrade your Internet plan to ensure connection.
2. Geographic distance from your device to Broker’s Server
Internet speed is also somewhat dependent on geographical location. To put it simply, if the Broker places the Server in London and you are in London, the ping speed will usually be less than 20ms and, therefore, faster. But if you are in Scotland, the Ping speed is about 20-50ms, and the connection speed to the server will be slower.
Once there, left-click on the location where the “No connection” error is displayed in the bottom right corner of MT4 and select “Rescan servers” to refresh the list of servers.
You will then be able to see the server clusters that are connected. Then, choose the server with the fastest Ping speed.
Note: Ping indicates how long it will take to connect to the server, measured in ms. The smaller the ping value, the faster the connection.
As shown above, choosing the DC-082-London-R7 server with a Ping of only 41.13ms has a faster speed.
Alternatively, you can also use the Forex VPS service. VPS is roughly a virtual computer that helps run MetaTrader 4 (MT 4) all day (24/7/365), stable and durable.
3. MT4 No Connection due to the use of VPN
Suppose you have an active VPN service when using a trading terminal. In that case, it can cause problems similar to when the Internet connection is unstable, such as slow response times and connectivity issues in the event of VPN service interruptions.
If your VPN service is working, try disabling it and restarting MT4.
4. Firewall and Anti-Virus Software
Using a firewall may conflict with the MT4 platform by limiting or blocking Internet traffic passing through the application.
To work around this problem, you should:
- Add the trading terminal to the Firewall and Antivirus exception list.
- Or turn off the anti-virus software, set the fire, and log back into MT4 again.
If you’ve tried all of the above and haven’t been able to fix the connection loss issue, you can contact the support of the broker you opened your account with for instructions.
In the following articles, we will continue to provide solutions to the problems traders often face when trading on MT4. Happy trading!
Read more: MT4