How to Open a new account on eToro
– Get the 30$ trading bonus for FREE (No deposit required). Click here
We show how to open a new eToro account to start trading in just two steps.
We also answered some questions related to account registration on eToro.
Opening a New Account on eToro
Step 1: Go to www.eToro.com.
Step 2: Fill in the registration information in the right column. The registration information includes:
- Username: Set by preference (note that username cannot be changed after registration)
- Email: Your email address
- Password: Enter the password you want to set for the account
Note: Email information that has not been registered for an eToro account before.
Then, click the Create Account button to complete. Wait for a while for the system to create an account, automatically log in and access the trading platform
After creating an account, you should start learning about the interface of eToro and trading with a Virtual Portfolio before investing with real money.
Answering questions about eToro account
1. Why verify the eToro account?
Verification of your trading account is necessary to provide you with the best possible service and comply with financial services regulations. Your information is always kept private and used for compliance purposes only. According to the new rules of eToro, if your account is not verified, it will:
- Do not trade orders with real portfolios
- Do not copy trades with virtual portfolios
- The maximum amount of money deposited into the eToro account is only 2000 Euro (equivalent to more than 2000usd)
- You cannot withdraw money by yourself but need to contact eToro for support
2. Is it possible to change the username?
eToro does not provide a user name change function. However, you can request to close the existing account and open a new account with a new username and a different email address.
Please note that by doing so, your account will be permanently closed and cannot be reopened. You will also lose your entire transaction history and current statistics and have to rebuild your portfolio.
The phone number and email of the closed account registration cannot be used for the new account.
3. How can I change my account information?
To make changes to your account information, please contact eToro by opening a ticket and filling in the information at the Customer Service Center. In addition, you should also note that:
- Suppose you want to change your registered email address or phone number. In that case, eToro will call you and ask some security questions. Please confirm your phone number and specify a convenient time frame in which you can receive calls.
- If you wish to change your postal address, please attach an updated proof of address document.
- If you would like to change your account’s name or date of birth, please attach a valid form of identification.
- eToro’s Customer Service team is available to guide you through the next necessary steps to change your account information.
Above is a simple 2 step guide to opening an eToro account. To trade Real Portfolios on eToro, you need to follow the following steps to complete your profile and verify your account.
Please see the instructions for completing the profile and verifying the account.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.
Read more: etoro