Understanding the functions on the eToro charts
– Top Online Cryptocurrency Courses from $9.99 Get now!
eToro is the world’s leading social trading platform, offering a wide array of assets to invest in. Each financial instrument has its own chart, which is a valuable tool for tracking and analyzing its history and performance.
So understanding the functions within charts is the first step toward success. Here’s our beginner’s guide on how to use a stock chart.
Note: I’ll use Google (GOOG) as an illustration in this guide.
After going to any asset’s page, click on “Chart”.
In the top right-hand corner of the chart, you will see a two-arrow icon. Click on it to expand the chart and bring up the chart settings.
Then you will see its main chart and the toolbar at the top.
1. The main chart
A trading chart is a tool that helps traders visualize the performance’s history.
- The bottom horizontal bar represents the timeline
- The vertical column represents the price level
You can use the + or – button or scroll the mouse to zoom in/out the chart. You even share a chart snapshot with others on eToro, Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, WhatsApp, or by email by clicking on the share icon.
2. The toolbar
Here you can use charting tools to perform technical analysis on the charted statistics.
In the upper left corner, you will see the asset’s ticker symbol.
On the right-hand side, there are some information and useful supporting tools you can add to the chart, including:
- SELL price, BUY price (commonly called Bid and Ask price.
- The CrossHair tool (in the shape of a plus) helps you easily align any point on the chart.
- The comparison tool (graphic icon) is used to compare the original instrument’s performance with two or more assets on the same chart.
- The Timeframe button allows you to set the periodicity (time frame of the candles) you wish to analyze – the default is one day (1D).
- Clicking on the candle icon to change the type of chart. The chart types used on eToro are Candle, Hollow, Candle, Bar, Line, and Mountain chart.
- Add dozens of drawing tools or studies you may find useful for your analysis by clicking on the pen icon.
- Settings button used for launching ProCharts, changing timezone/theme’s color/chart scale/chart’s type.
- Two-arrow icon to enlarge/narrow the chart display area
Now that you have a better understanding of the eToro chart.
The way to trade profitably on eToro takes both time and discipline but acquiring a solid foundation in understanding the function of each tool. Hence, we recommend experimenting with it on your virtual eToro account.
eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.
Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 68% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
Copy trading is a portfolio management service, provided by eToro (Europe) Ltd., which is authorised and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission.
Cryptoasset investing is unregulated in some EU countries and the UK. No consumer protection. Your capital is at risk.
eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.